One of the best things about Kindy is that we develop a personal relationship with each child getting to know them and being able to cater to their individual needs and get them moving on their learning journey.
More than a Kindergarten
When children enter our Kindergarten they are immediately drawn to a world of fun and discovery that awaits them. From reading, painting and learning on our iPads. to foraging and playing down by the creek at ‘Bush Kindy’, you will always find us discovering something new and exciting. Out painted masterpieces hang around the room and when we have singing time, you can be sure you will hear us as we love to sing loud – VERY loud! This is what children love to do – play, learn, laugh and discover.
Freshwater Christian Kindergarten is located on the grounds of Freshwater College in a beautiful tropical setting. We provide your child with many opportunities to join in with the ‘big kids’ and participate in College activities such as College carnivals and fairs. Visits to the College library are always an adventure full of excitement as each child makes that tough decision as to which book to take home. Our children join with the Primary school for weekly Chapel where we all come together to sing and learn more about Jesus.
One of the best things about Kindy is that we develop a relationship with each child getting to know them and being able to cater to their individual needs to get them moving forward on their learning journey. With experienced and caring teachers and staff, our goal is to create a love of learning in each child. We work closely with the Prep teachers to ensure that every student experiences an excellent start to their Primary years. With so many things to learn about and play with, we look forward to your child’s adventure at Freshwater Kindy.
We believe all individuals have the right to a positive, rich, safe and nurturing learning environment and our aim at Freshwater Christian Kindergarten, is to provide every child the opportunity to flourish and grow.
Our philosophy, programming and values are based upon our Christian faith and beliefs.
• Each child and family has intrinsic worth and value and this must be reflected in programming, relationships, equity and access.
• Relationships are paramount to children feeling safe and supported to try, learn and succeed, socially, emotionally and academically.
• Respectful and collaborative relationships with families, as the primary nurturers, and the wider community are essential.
• Children have a right to their individual and cultural identity being recognised, respected and valued within the Kindergarten environment.
• Children have the right to be an active member of the community, to express their opinions and contribute to their own and others learning experiences.
• Children have the right to play and learn in a safe and nurturing environment.
• Rich, engaging environments and meaningful interactions can facilitate a foundation for successful lifelong learning goals.
Our Kindergarten program is specifically designed to prepare students for their entry into Prep.
Our Kindergarten is targeted at children who will attend Prep the following year (5 years of age by June 30 in the year they start school). These children will also receive reduced fees when they attend our 5 day a fortnightly program.
Freshwater Christian Kindergarten offers an Approved kindergarten program:
- The government’s vision is for – Access to quality early education for all Queensland children and improving the level of educational attainment and skills is central to this vision.
- Approved Kindergarten Programs deliver readiness for learning in the years leading up to the start of school is the foundation of success at school.
Features of an approved kindergarten program:
Freshwater Christian Kindergarten’s approved kindergarten program offers a specifically designed learning program:
- For children in the year prior to Prep (aged at least 4 years old by 30 June in the year they participate),
- For at least 15 hours per week, for at least 40 weeks per year,
- That is delivered by a four year qualified early childhood education teacher or a registered teacher with early childhood qualifications,
- That aligns with the national Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline .
All the services that provide an approved kindergarten program are licensed by the Department of Education and Training under the Child Care Act 2002. The Department also investigates all complaints or concerns received about licensed services.
Get a copy of our Kindy Prospectus
Complete the below form to receive a copy of our Kindy Prospectus