An International Welcome to our College
International Student Enrolment Process
Freshwater Christian College is administered by Cairns Christian College Ltd. Our CRICOS code is 01033E. We are single campus school, educating boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 12. The campus is located at 369-401 Brinsmead Road, Brinsmead, Cairns, in Far North Queensland, Australia.
Freshwater Christian College accepts enrolment applications from overseas students for entry into Year 1 to Year 9 (age limits apply). For further information on our entry requirements, please review our Entry Requirements for Registered Courses Policy below.
We look forward to receiving your application. Should you have any queries or wish to organise a tour of the College, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Anita Howard – Enrolments and Community Relations Officer
Freshwater Christian College
Administered by Cairns Christian College Ltd
CRICOS Number: 01033E
Safe Learning Environment
At Freshwater Christian College we believe that for effective learning to take place we need to create a safe, supportive and disciplined environment that respects the following rights:
- Students have a right to learn
- Teachers have a right to teach
- Everyone has a right to be in a safe and supportive environment
Please visit our Polices & Governance page to view our policies in place.
Education Agents (statement)
Education agents are not engaged to formally represent Freshwater Christian College.
Freshwater Christian College responds to all enrolment enquiries and to all applications according to established procedures.
Step 1: Read the International Student Prospectus and the International Student Handbook
Download the International Student Prospectus & International Student Handbook
Download the International Student Prospectus and Handbook. These are very important documents and contain Policies that you need to know. You must read these documents before proceeding.
Step 2: Download the International Student Enrolment Application Form
Complete for each student you are enrolling.
- Complete the International Student Enrolment Application form (one per student)
Step 3: Forward All Documentation Required to College
Forward to the College
- Completed International Student Enrolment Application form
- Copy of the student’s Passport
- Non-refundable application fee of $200 per student
- Previous 2 years reports from current student, translated into English
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Details of accommodation arrangements for the student whilst studying at the College
- Any other reports/information that is relevant to the student’s education and/or health
Step 4: Enrolment Assessment
- Once the enrolment assessment has been completed, you will be advised in writing as to the outcome.
- If the application is successful, a Letter of Offer, Written Agreement and Invoice will be issued.
- The Letter of Offer and Written Agreement must be signed and returned to the College.
- Payment of the Invoice must be made and received by the College prior to the eConfirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and (if applicable) the Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW)
Step 5: Visa Application and Flights
Visa Application and Flights
- Student arranges Visa. Please refer to the Australian Department of Immigration website.
- Student arranges travel to Cairns and advises the College of travel arrangements.
Step 6: Student travels to Cairns, Australia and orientation begins.
International Student Policies
- Welfare & Accommodation Policy
- Behaviour Management Policy
- Complaints & Appeals Policy
- Student Progress, Attendance & Course Duration Policy
- Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation Policy
- Entry Requirements for Registered Courses Policy
- Refund Policy
- Overseas Student Transfer Request Policy
Contact our Enrolment Officer