One of the best things about Kindy is that we develop a personal relationship with each child getting to know them and being able to cater to their individual needs and get them moving on their learning journey.
More than a Kindergarten
When children enter our Kindergarten they are immediately drawn to a world of fun and play that awaits them. At this age, learning is done through play and we do lots of it from our sand pit where dump trucks and diggers are put to work, to building tall buildings out of recycled materials and watering and playing in our garden. You will find our painted masterpieces hanging around the room and when we have singing time, you can be sure you will hear us as we love to sing loud – very loud! This is what children love to do; play, laugh and learn.
Freshwater Christian Kindergarten is located on the grounds of Freshwater College, which allows us to take advantage of all the wonderful facilities, and resources the College has to offer. We provide your child with many opportunities to join in with the ‘big’ kids and participate in College activities such as school sports carnivals and fairs. Visits to the College library are always an adventure full of excitement as each child makes that tough decision as to which book to take home that week. Our children join with the Primary school for weekly Chapel where we all come together to sing and learn more about Jesus.
One of the best things about Kindy is that we develop a personal relationship with each child getting to know them and being able to cater to their individual needs and get them moving on their learning journey. With experienced and caring teachers and staff, our goal is to create a love of learning in each child. We work closely with the Prep teachers to be able to cater our Kindy program towards your child’s entry into Prep. With so many things to learn about and play with, we look forward to your child’s adventure at Freshwater Kindy.
Our Freshwater Christian Kindergarten program offers so much more than just an education because we are a community that cares for and nurtures every child intellectually, physically, socially and spiritually.
- A safe and secure environment – You won’t have to worry about your young child because they can learn and play in their own secure area. Our staff cares about you and your child and we want to create a warm nurturing learning environment.
- Small class sizes – Our classes are small enough to ensure our Kindy’s students are given plenty of individual attention.
- Experienced and caring teachers – Our staff are trained to provide a stimulating and encouraging program which caters for children’s individual differences.
- Christian values – All that we do at Freshwater Christian College is an expression of our faith in Jesus Christ. We teach, as we live our lives, with Christ-centred principles. Our whole community is a reflection of our values such as; honesty, caring, respect and honouring others.
Our Kindergarten program is specifically designed to prepare students for their entry into Prep.
Our Kindergarten is targeted at children who will attend Prep the following year (5 years of age by June 30 in the year they start school). These children will also receive reduced fees when they attend our 5 day a fortnightly program.
Freshwater Christian Kindergarten offers an Approved kindergarten program:
- The government’s vision is for – Access to quality early education for all Queensland children and improving the level of educational attainment and skills is central to this vision.
- Approved Kindergarten Programs deliver readiness for learning in the years leading up to the start of school is the foundation of success at school.
Features of an approved kindergarten program:
Freshwater Christian Kindergarten’s approved kindergarten program offers a specifically designed learning program:
- For children in the year prior to Prep (aged at least 4 years old by 30 June in the year they participate),
- For at least 15 hours per week, for at least 40 weeks per year,
- That is delivered by a four year qualified early childhood education teacher or a registered teacher with early childhood qualifications,
- That aligns with the national Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline .
All the services that provide an approved kindergarten program are licensed by the Department of Education and Training under the Child Care Act 2002. The Department also investigates all complaints or concerns received about licensed services.