An International Welcome to our College
International Student Enrolment Process
Thank you for considering Freshwater Christian College for your child. Whilst at our College your child will be supported and nurtured in a Christian environment as part of our International Program. We have outlined the process for enrolling in this program below.
Freshwater Christian College offers enrolments for overseas students to attend the College from Year 1 to Year 12. Cairns Christian College, t/as Freshwater Christian College, CRICOS Provider Number 01033E.
Cairns, situated in tropical far north Queensland, is a modern and vibrant city and the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas and the Daintree Rainforest. It is relaxed and accessible via Cairns International Airport.
We look forward to receiving your application. Should you have any queries or wish to organise a tour of the College, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Anita Howard – Enrolments and Community Relations Officer
Safe Learning Environment
At Freshwater Christian College we believe that for effective learning to take place we need to create a safe, supportive and disciplined environment that respects the following rights:
- Students have a right to learn
- Teachers have a right to teach
- Everyone has a right to be in a safe and supportive environment
Please visit our Polices & Governance page to view our policies in place.
Step 1: Read the Prospectus & Handbook
Download the International Student Prospectus & International Student Handbook
This is a very important document and contains all of the policies that you need to know. You MUST read these documents BEFORE proceeding.
Step 2: Complete Application Form
Complete for each student you are enrolling.
- International Student Enrolment Application form
- MCEECDYA Data Collection form
Step 3: Forward All Documentation Required to College
Forward to the College
- Completed forms listed above
- Copy of student’s Passport
- Non-refundable application fee of $200 per student
Previous 2 years reports from current school, translated into English
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Details of accommodation arrangements for the student whilst studying at the College
- Any other reports/information that is relevant to your child’s education and/or health
Step 4: Enrolment Assessment
- Once the enrolment assessment has been completed, you will be advised in writing as to the outcome.
- If the application is successful, a Letter of Offer, Written Agreement and Invoice will be issued.
- The Letter of Offer and Written Agreement must be signed and returned to the College.
- Payment of the Invoice must be made and received by the College prior to the eConfirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and (if applicable) the Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW)
Step 5: Visa Application and Flights
Visa Application and Flights
- Student arranges Visa. Please refer to the Australian Department of Immigration website.
- Student arranges travel to Cairns and advises the College of travel arrangements.