Written by Belinda Raine / Kindergarten Director
In Kindergarten our Frogs class has shown an interest in dramatic play, and have set up a Hairdressing Salon. Our students designed how to set up the Salon; made the signage and price list, and then took on different roles, hairdressers, clients; and of course the all-important cashier.
Benefits of Dramatic Play
- Enables children to draw on past information and experiences to solve problems
- Helps children identify solutions to problems that arise during play
- Assists children in identifying and planning play episodes with others
- Encourages children to explore and build skills such as problem-solving, imagination, creativity, negotiating, organising and planning, retelling stories
- Allows children to apply prior and new knowledge, skills and understandings