Welcome to Freshwater Church
Welcome to Freshwater Church. Freshwater has over 80 years of history in Cairns – ministering to the people in our city and beyond. We believe our best years are still ahead of us. If you are looking for a good church home or Christian College education we trust your choice would be Freshwater.
Ps Stewart & Jane
Stewart and Jane Moncrieff are the Senior Pastors of Freshwater Church in Cairns, Australia. Their desire is to see each person empowered by the Holy Spirit to reach their God-given destiny.
With over 20 years of full time pastoring and ministry experience Pastors Stewart and Jane are extremely passionate about making a really lasting difference in the city of Cairns. With two kids, Joshua and Julia, and a huge heart for people, great things are lying ahead for us under their leadership.
Mandate & Vision
Freshwater Church is all about equipping people to fulfill the ministry of Jesus. Matthew 28:19 says “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Our mission is to be disciples for Jesus, people who love God, serve others and influence their world.
1. God and His local church as an authentic, praying, life-giving, loving and growing community – a place where you believe as well as belong.
2. People as healthy, whole, loving families and individuals who enjoy serving God together.
3. The Bible, as it is the key to access the power of God, and for people to make genuine, life-changing decisions for Jesus Christ.
4. The Great Commission where every genuine, Spirit-filled believer is actively involved in local, national or international outreach.
5. The Gospel at work, preaching, teaching, healing and discipling, which require us to put our faith into action.
6. Educating generations as the best way to significantly influence our future and create a legacy.
7. Creating a venue, a special place that will expand our capacity, and be a resource for the future, so that God’s will can be done in people’s lives.